When it comes to keeping your home energy efficient, one of the things that you need to maintain is your dryer vent. Unfortunately, regularly emptying the lint out of it may not be enough in doing so. Just so you know, deep cleaning your dryer vent would help you reduce the energy that you would be using in your home or when you wash your clothes.
There are several things that you might notice that are indicative that you now need to clean your dryer event, and we list the most prominent in this article. Remember, if you think that your dryer is broken or is experiencing an issue, call your local washer and dryer repair service. This is to ensure that the issue is well diagnosed by a professional technician.
So, what are the indicative signs that you now need to clean your dryer vent?
- Your clothes may feel hot – while it is normal that your clothes become hot to touch once it is finished drying, an unusual increase of warmth on your clothes may be an indicative sign of a dryer issue. Clothes should not be too hot to touch, and if they are, that just means that the dryer is overheating. If this happens, your dryer might have a piling lint in the duct. Remove the lint as soon as possible.
- Drying your clothes has become longer- An average load usually lasts for 45 minutes. If you notice that your clothes dry after more than 45 minutes, this is a sign your dryer vent is experiencing a problem, and that it needs cleaning. this indication is the most common sign of a lint presence in your dryer vent. Call a professional to properly diagnose the situation, and provide an appropriate solution. there are a lot of disadvantages if you let this happen, which include longer drying sessions, more energy consumption, and an increase in utility bills. If you don’t want this to happen, clean and fix it as soon as possible.
- It smells like burning – the two above-mentioned signs might be common indications that your dryer vent is in need of attention. However, when you notice a burning smell, the situation is serious and you need to call a professional service. When this happens, fixing the problem on your own will never help, so call professional help.
- The room where you put the dryer vent becomes warmer – we mentioned overheating, burning smell, and warmer clothes. Now, if the room has become warmer, this means that your dryer vent has a problem. While this can be caused by several reasons, one of the most common causes is an accumulation of lint. Clean as soon as possible.
- It’s been a while since you last cleaned the dryer vent – cleaning your dryer vent needs to be done regularly. So, you think it’s been a year since you last cleaned your dryer vent, then now is the time that you clean again and remove the lint to avoid further problems. cleaning regularly is important to maintain your dryer vent and to be energy efficient.